History

Evans, Bragagnolo & Sullivan LLP has been serving clients in Northern Ontario since 1948, marking it one of the most established and respected law firms in north eastern Ontario.

HISTORY

As the largest full service law firm in the northeastern Ontario region with offices in Timmins, Cochrane and Temiskaming Shores, Evans, Bragagnolo & Sullivan LLP has a long history of excellence in civil, criminal, commercial, and family litigation matters and for outstanding client service in the areas of business, real estate, wills and estates, and Indigenous law.

Our firm has been serving clients in Northern Ontario since 1948, marking it as one of the most established and respected law firms in north eastern Ontario.

In 1948, two brothers, Gregory and Gerry Evans, founded the law firm Evans & Evans. In 1964, with the addition of Rino Bragagnolo and Garry Sullivan, the partnership grew into the present-day firm of Evans, Bragagnolo & Sullivan LLP. Over the decades, the founding partners’ focus on providing clients with quality, excellence and dedication, as well as devotion to the community has never wavered.

Following 25 years leading a criminal and civil litigation practice with the firm, Gregory Evans went on to serve on the Trial Division, the Court of Appeal and as Chief Justice of the High Court of Justice of Ontario. He was then appointed Integrity Commissioner (Ontario) and served as a Commissioner for the Royal Commission on the Donald Marshall Jr. Prosecution.

Gerry Evans, recipient of the Military Cross for bravery on the field of battle in World War II, practiced law for over 50 years. Apart from his legal career, Mr. Evans served as a trustee and chairman with the Timmins and District Roman Catholic Separate School Board for many years, and was also a member of the Knights of Columbus and the St. Martin de Porres Council.

Rino Bragagnolo was called to the bar in 1957. He was a certified specialist in civil litigation. Mr. Bragagnolo was also elected, served as a bencher of the Law Society of Upper Canada for four terms and in 1997 was awarded the Law Society of Upper Canada Bicentennial Medal.

Garry Sullivan was called to the bar in 1959 and maintained a solicitor’s practice for many years before focusing on corporate and commercial law, real estate, and estates. He also served as a deputy judge of the Small Claims Court.

Ted Tichinoff, as current Managing Partner of the firm, is continuing the firm’s tradition of quality, excellence, and leadership —both in the practices of law and through his commitment in community development. Ted is a former Board member of the Advocates’ Society, has been a speaker at the Ontario Bar Association education conference, is the former chair of the Timmins High & Vocational Alumni Association, and has sat on many other community groups.

Over the years, Evans, Bragagnolo & Sullivan LLP has expanded its legal services and its geographical reach in line with evolving client needs. With busy offices in Timmins, Cochrane and Haileybury, the firm’s lawyers spend as much time meeting with clients throughout northeastern Ontario as they do in court in the direct service and representation of their clients.