HOW WE WORK
Meeting with a lawyer for the first time can make some people a little nervous. At Evans, Bragagnolo & Sullivan LLP, we take great care to simplify and clarify our process for new clients, and help them get the most from our services in the most efficient way possible.
If you’re visiting us for the first time, here’s what you can expect and a few helpful tips to help you prepare:
- First, prepare a list of all of the questions you have for your lawyer, from: ‘how do you think you might approach my matter?’ to: ‘how much will your services cost?’
- Treat your first meeting like an interview. It’s important that you feel you can be truthful and open with your lawyer, to ensure you receive the best possible representation. You can expect your lawyer to ask many questions in trying to completely understand your matter. This can be uncomfortable for some people, but it is critical that your lawyer receives truthful and complete information to help them provide the best legal support. All of the information you disclose will be kept in the strictest confidence.
- If you are able, collect all documents and notes you think might be relevant to your matter and bring them with you.
- If relevant to your matter, try and write down related events in the order they occurred.
- Think about what you would like to happen or the preferred outcome for your matter. Your lawyer will let you know if your expectations are reasonable within the bounds of the law, the nature of your matter, and your personal circumstances.
- Ask questions. It is very important that you completely understand the process ahead, the retainer agreement and payment terms, and what both you and your lawyer may expect from each other.